Okotoks: The Town for Community Living
With 99 parks and over 85kms in walking, hiking and biking trails, Okotoks visitors can count on mild weather from Spring to late Fall, and 330 days of sunshine each year to enjoy the outdoors.
Find the most popular activities, events, attractions and things to do in Okotoks. Okotoks is nestled between the fantastic foothills and majestic Rocky Mountains with the splendid Sheep River at its heart. Here you will experience outdoor adventure, vibrant arts & culture, boutique shopping, exceptional dining and so much more! Escape from the ordinary and come out to experience the fun that we have to offer.
Part of what makes Ranchers’ Rise the community for families is because it is located in the rustic, yet sustainable and vibrant town of Okotoks.
For more information please visit www.okotoks.ca
Visit here to view a detailed & current map of Okotoks.
Okotoks: The AMENITIES
- Numerous child care and educational opportunities, including the new K-12 Francophone school, École Beausoleil Francophone d’Okotoks, which is opening in Ranchers’ Rise in 2018
- Cultural events, parades and children’s programs throughout the year
- Downtown shopping, both boutique and big box stores
- Okotoks Family Resource Centre will help you find the services you need
- Art gallery, theatre, museum, and public library
- Access to dentists, doctors, Okotoks Health & Wellness Centre
- Local newspaper, the Western Wheel, highlighting events, lifestyle, and news of Okotoks
- A vibrant park system for all seasons, including playgrounds, football fields, skating rinks, fitness trails, and more
- For the avid golfer, there are three nearby golf courses: Crystal Ridge, D’Arcy Ranch, and River’s Edge
- Community Sustainability
- Carpooling to Calgary program for citizens who live in Okotoks, but work in Calgary
- On it- Commuter Bus Service
- Various rebate programs
- Home of the Okotoks Dawgs, baseball club