Ranchers’ Rise is a unique place to call home located in the northeast corner of Okotoks. It blends wide-open spaces, extraordinary homes and the inspiring beauty of nature. This exclusive collection of home sites is nestled within Okotoks Air Ranch, Canada’s first private air park community. The land upon which it sits was first homesteaded in the late 1800s and was home to several pioneering families until William “Orville” Rowland eventually acquired it in the 1970s.
Orville Rowland loved aviation and was an avid pilot and crop duster. His plans for developing the land included a 250-acre residential lake community, a golf course, a wildlife refuge and a private airport community. Orville built his own home and private airstrip here, in which the airstrip first went into service in 1978. Today, Ranchers’ Rise is being developed for family living in a picturesque part of Okotoks.
WHETHER IT BE BIRDS, SMALL AIRCRAFT OR IMAGINATIONS, SOMETHING IS ALWAYS TAKING FLIGHT IN RANCHERS’ RISE.
Here, a scenic hike, an invigorating bike ride or a leisurely stroll is always at hand. With breathtaking from almost every vantage point, Ranchers’ Rise strives to offer relaxed residential living in Alberta. Whether you’re marveling at the planes taking off, biking the winding trails, or spending time in Beatrice Wyndham Bird Sanctuary, life here is nothing short of comforting.
Bordeaux Developments is committed to the environmental stewardship of the wetlands enhancing opportunities for the community to experience its natural beauty.
- High Quality Housing Detailed architectural guidelines, generous lot sizes and high quality materials are the hallmark of Ranchers’ Rise homes. Growing families, or empty nesting, our residents are proud of their homes.
- Community Sports Field Residents in Ranchers’ Rise will have use of the soccer pitch and baseball diamond overlooking the wetlands. These facilities provide a gathering point for amateur sports teams, families and friends from throughout Okotoks to play and have fun.
- A Francophone school is approved and planned for building in the near future on the designated school site.
- Convenient, well-equipped playgrounds feature play equipment, seating areas and environmentally friendly pet stations.
- A built-in trail system offers residents a variety of routes including a short circuit around the block, a leisurely stroll to a nearby playground, a hike to the wetlands, or even an invigorating trek to the Sheep River escarpment.
- Three nearby golf courses with easy access to Crystal Ridge, D’Arcy Ranch and River’s Edge.
The Remaining Phases
Ranchers’ Rise is being developed in 14 phases and currently all phases built to date consist of single-family homes.
Phases 10 and 11 are the current offerings with homes crafted by Baywest Homes, Sterling Homes and Wolverine Custom Homes, which present a variety of two-storey and bungalow plans with fabulous features and finishes.
Phase 10 features new product lines and showhomes that offer 36- to 50-ft. wide lots allowing for double-car garages or triple car homes on wider lots.
The Town of Okotoks
Conveniently located on the northeast side of Okotoks, Ranchers’ Rise is just minutes from schools, shopping and the downtown core. A rustic yet vibrant town of 26,000 people, Okotoks is able to provide you with everything you’d want and need.
- Numerous child care and educational opportunities, including the new K-12 Francophone school, École Beausoleil Francophone d’Okotoks, which will be in the Ranchers’ Rise community
- Cultural events, parades and children’s programs throughout the year
- Downtown shopping, both boutique and big box stores
- Okotoks Family Resource Centre will help you find the services you need
- Art gallery, theatre, museum and public library
- Access to dentists, doctors, Okotoks Health & Wellness Centre
- Local newspaper, the Western Wheel, highlighting events, lifestyle and news of Okotoks
- A vibrant park system for all seasons, including playgrounds, football fields, skating rinks, fitness trails and more
- For the avid golfer, there are three nearby golf courses: Crystal Ridge, D’Arcy Ranch and River’s Edge
- Community Sustainability
- Carpooling to Calgary Program for citizens who live in Okotoks, but work in Calgary
- Various rebate programs
- Home of the Okotoks Dawgs, baseball club
Commitment to Quality Design and Okotoks’ Environment Preservation
Every home in Ranchers’ Rise exhibits the same attention to detail, character and architectural quality. Distinctive and balanced, this community features timeless architectural styles, a rich palette of colours and premium materials including hardboard siding, stucco and stone accenting.
For all residents, this is a great opportunity to create homes that are exceptional, authentic and of lasting value. Ranchers’ Rise offers home collections crafted in 4 different architectural styles:
Farmhouse • Tudor • Craftsman • French Country
Through the builders that Bordeaux Developments has partnered with, Ranchers’ Rise offers the following environmental commitments. These provide compliance with Okotoks’ Water Preservation Program initiated in 2005 Build Green, both in materials and in practices, including installation of:
- Insulated hot water pipes
- Flow controlled shower heads
- Certified high efficiency toilets
- Energy Star certified washing appliances
Your builder will advise you on how to best meet these requirements.
Ranchers’ Rise has been built by 3 companies with award-winning and experienced pedigree in new home construction. Each is well-respected and established in the Alberta market, and all three have a lengthy history of contributing to the Okotoks community.
Much more than a tagline, our promise of everything we build, we build around you, has been Baywest’s customer-driven mission since its founding in 1985. We operate on a legacy of exceptional craftsmanship, and one-on-one relationships. Baywest remains an award-winning builder that provides a made to measure philosophy to ensure the perfect home for you.
Sterling Homes is a leading builder with an unwavering commitment to quality and customer service. For 60 years, Sterling has built unique homes for customers that are a source of pride for years to come. From the integrity of our craftsmen to inspiring designs to suit every lifestyle, we pay attention to even the smallest of details.
Wolverine Custom Homes
Wolverine Custom Homes is devoted to building the best home possible. Inspired by its clients’ unique style, each home is built with integrity to meet their individual needs and stand the test of time. Established on the pillars of quality, craftsmanship and community, Wolverine Homes are built to suit, on any scale, and accommodating any budget.
Visit our showhomes at Ranch Road, Okotoks, AB: