Known as a town that gives importance to the social wellness framework, the Town of Okotoks provides the community recreational facilities and programs that will hopefully encourage community members to get active, have fun, and connect with each other.
Here are five recreational facilities that will make you want to move to one of the homes for sale in Okotoks:
1. Okotoks Recreation Centre – Located in North Okotoks, this multi-use facility houses indoor pools, hot tub and sauna, a fitness studio, ice arenas, a curling rink, a youth centre and child care service for parents with kids! It has all these facilities under one roof, for one price. Now, who wouldn’t get active with this facility nearby?
2. Pason Centennial Arena – Built in 2006, this 1,500-seater arena is open year-round to host sporting events, concerts, weddings, trade shows and conferences. It is home to the Okotoks Junior “A” Oilers and is known to be one of the premier facilities of the Alberta Junior Hockey League. Aside from the Oilers, Pason Centennial Arena is also home to Okotoks Minor Hockey and Okotoks Lacrosse.
3. Indoor Walking Track (at Pason) – Located in the second level of the Pason Centennial Arena, it houses a 200-metre long track that is accessible to walkers, runners, wheelchairs and even baby strollers. It is open seven days a week when the facility is open.
4. Okotoks Curling Rink – The rink is currently under seasonal lease to the Okotoks Curling Club. It is a six-sheet curling rink that can be split into pads; therefore allowing thermostatic control of each slab.
5. Legacy Regional Field House – A result of the collaborative partnership of the Town of Okotoks and M.D. of Foothills, this indoor facility promotes health and wellness as well as community gatherings. Currently operated by NUSTADIA Recreation on behalf of Foothills-Okotoks Recreation Society, it can host activities and events of community members of all ages. The field house amenities include four playing fields, an 800-foot elevated walking/running track, a training area complete with changing rooms and team rooms, spectator viewing areas, administrative offices, meeting and multi-purpose halls and concession area.
Getting active couldn’t be more easy with these facilities so close to Ranchers’ Rise. Would you like to be part of this Okotoks community? Join the town’s movement encouraging active living and community—move into one of Ranchers’ Rise’s homes for sale in Okotoks!
Built by some of the most trusted Calgary home builders, Ranchers’ Rise assures home buyers value for their money, quality design and comfort. Coordinated by the managing developer, Bordeaux Developments, architectural design guidelines are strictly followed to create aesthetically pleasing and complimentary building forms in the development.
For more information, please visit our showhomes here.