If you have purchased a new home recently, you may be interested in interior decorating ideas!
Here are some tips on decorating your new home:
1. Moving is the perfect opportunity to redecorate and buy new furniture! If you do purchase new furniture it’s easy to sell or donate any items that have wobbly parts, or are in extremely used condition.
2. The easiest approach is to do one room at a time. It is recommended to start with the bedroom since you spend 1/3 of your time there. A new bed, dresser, vanity or even just new bedding can make a big difference.
3. Don’t feel like you need to purchase everything right after you move in. Sometimes it’s best to move in and wait a couple months before deciding on what colors, theme or design you want to go with for your house. You also might start out thinking that you need to use your budget on adding features to your bathroom, but after a couple months realize that the kitchen is the more important investment.
4. If you’ve purchased a new home in Okotoks you may want to make your home looks as good as the show model home did. If you walk into a furniture store, you’ll notice that all their furniture sets match. In reality, it’s best to fight the urge to match all of your furniture. It’s good to have some pieces that go together, but it’s best to make sure you let your personality shine through. Your home is your place to showcase your personal style so focus on what you personally like!
5. An easy way to blend in different styles of furniture and decor is with matching color! Try to keep the color palate similar or have some shared color between your different pieces to keep a cohesive theme throughout your home.